- Alloy wheels (Spielberg) 19"
- 4MOTION all-wheel drive
- Discover Pro audio and satellite navigation system
- Alloy wheels (Spielberg) 19"
- Driver and front passenger airbags
- Alarm system with interior monitoring and tilt sensor
- Child seat top tether anchorage points (3)
- Front safety optimised head restraints, height adjustable
- Daytime driving lights, LED integrated in headlight housing
- Rear tail lights, Premium LED with dynamic indicators
- Remote central locking with SAFELOCK deadlock mechanism
- Radiator grille with chrome strip and R nameplate
- Matte chrome finish exterior rear view mirrors
- Exposed dual chrome exhaust tail pipes, left and right
- Rear bumper with gloss black sports diffuser
- Lower air intake and radiator grille with gloss black inserts
- Aluminium finish clutch, accelerator and brake pedals
Go from 0 to 100 in 4.8 blistering seconds with Golf R‘s 213kW 2.0L turbocharged petrol engine. You’ll want to strap in for this one, as you hit a peak torque of 380Nm from only 1850rpm.
The 4MOTION all-wheel drive system distributes the TSI engine’s power to all four wheels as required. This prevents wheelspin and helps your Golf R gain traction on virtually any surface. In combination with the 7-speed DSG dual clutch transmission, the new Golf R accelerates efficiently without traction loss.
Driving Profile Selection
The Golf R‘s track pedigree means it demands to be driven. And no matter what your driving style is, there’s a mode for you. Be it eco, comfort, normal, race and individual, you drive it your way.
The Golf R has a striking, sharp design and colour range that turns heads wherever it goes. Sleek front and rear bumpers, lower air intake and guard panels, premium LED lights and arrestive 19-inch Spielberg alloy wheels, all work together to create the Golf R‘s inescapable presence.
The design of the interior is an effortless continuation of the exterior – perfectly capturing the motorsports feeling. Premium sport seats, attractive details made of Vienna leather appointed upholstery3, a fully-digital Active Info Display4 in the driver’s console, and the latest generation 9.2-inch infotainment system helps you get the most out of your drive.
Overseas model shown.
Discover Media Navigation
The Discover Media Navigation system comes with all the features of the 8″ Composition Media Display, but with a built-in navigation system offering 2D and 3D (bird’s eye) map views. Offering a wealth of innovative functions that leave virtually nothing to be desired, it’s designed to make sure you stay on course, or help you explore a wide variety of attractions off course.
The Lane Assist2 feature detects lane markings to assist you staying within your lane, making your drive more comfortable in heavy traffic.
Blind Spot Monitor
The Blind Spot Monitor2 warns you if a vehicle is in your blind spot with an LED display on your exterior mirror. When you’re reversing out of a space, it’ll also alert you if anything crosses your path.
Front Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control
The Front Assist2 area monitoring system includes City Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Monitoring, and with Adaptive Cruise Control2, you can feel more relaxed on the road.